EuroCitizens is participating in a mass lobby of MPs in Westminster on 13 September as part of the British in Europe coalition (more information).
What are we asking for?We are not demanding special treatment – just that the rules of the game are not changed after the match has started.
Here are our five asks:
- Keep the rights we already have as EU citizens in the UK and British citizens in the EU, so that we can continue to live our lives as before the Brexit vote.
- Guarantee these rights for life under the ECJ, so we have certainty that rules will not change in the future.
- Support ring-fencing an agreement on citizens’ rights from the rest of the UK/EU negotiations, so our lives are not used as a bargaining chip, and we can have peace of mind even if there is no overall deal.
- Introduce a free, easy to use registration process for EU citizens in the UK, so we can effectively claim our rights.
- British citizens in the EU keep their free movement rights, and the right to study in the UK paying the same fees and with access to the same loans as someone living in Britain